Wow, we are already into November! No, our upstairs project has yet to reach completion, but Builder Dave seems to think it will be in about three weeks time. With that kind of announcement, I am starting to get a bit antsy!
Since my last post, my guys have had a flurry of activity and then go to others jobs for a few days, car trouble, and a close encounter of the Odocoileus virginianus variety occurred. Thankfully, no one was hurt, but the offending creature and the vehicle were both dead at the scene.
Despite these “hiccups,” the doors were completed and Dave hung them and has been amazingly fast at putting up nearly all the baseboard, window, and door mouldings. Team Moon (Tim, Sr. and Tim, Jr.) have been working steadily on the bathroom tile and floors. I have been in the way trying to get the master bedroom ceiling painted and I finally finished that project late last week. I have decided that I am not particularly fond of painting ceilings. I was starting to lose it when I couldn’t figure out where I had left off on the second coat because I couldn’t see the wet paint due to clouds passing by the sunlight coming in the room! Dave has been very encouraging, telling me patience and a slow, steady hand is all it takes to be a good painter. I am trying, but am still reaching out to friend Jennifer, who is a professional painter, to tackle the window and door trim.
Enjoy the progress pics and the final photo of absolute cuteness!